Lake Mills Park in Seminole County

 
 
 
 


You drive Route 50 towards Bithlo and you think you have seen it all. Well, recently on one of my ventures to pick up a clock from Freecycle here in Orlando, I had to go up Chuluota Road to a subdivision in Seminole County. If I had known then how far away it was going to be, truthfully I would not have gone, but what I discovered made the trip worthwhile. I certainly got my clock which I now have in my classroom, but what I discovered was some of Old Florida.

In these parts, there is nothing more beautiful. Century old live oak trees, covered with Spanish Moss, lichen, and ferns, cows grazing peacefully in a a meadow of lush green grasses, and a county park. Nothing was expected, and everything delighted me.

I didn't go into the park because it had just closed, but now I know the way. I hope to explore sometime, even if it is just to drive through. Here in Florida, it seems hard to find those places that still have all those old oak trees, and it was so nice to find them only 15 miles away rather than the 250 I usually travel up to South Carolina. Lake Mills Park, definitely will be worth the drive.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts