Recent Paintings

 
 
 
 

When you are learning to paint, who have to try the basics so I decided to try some still life and tried somethings I had near by like kitchen utensils. I love how Charles Reid introduces some to these to his flower compositions. As I was imitating one of his paintings, Big Bouquet, I realized how he framed some of his flowers with small but deep green leaves around his roses. I get a real kick out of imitating his work because I learn so much by doing. I am so thrilled to be learning from a master even if indirectly. Maybe one of these days it will all come together.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lil said…
Elba, your paintings are so beautiful! It's so fun to see what you are doing next--- thank you for continuing to post them! I hope you get as much enjoyment in painting as I do gazing on them. / Lil

Popular Posts