Thai Jasmine Rice

Saw this beautiful little rice the other day and decided to try it. It's wonderful. Aromatic and cooks just as well as any other rice, and tastes delicious. Not that I have gone over board with it but to say I like it would be an understatement. For some reason it reminded me of the short grain rice my mother would always make growing up. I bought the Goya brand, basically because I liked the way the grains looked, so clean and shiny. When I made it the fragrance filled the house. And it brought an air of nostalgia.

The next day, I took some to school to have for lunch and when a teacher who was just strolling by, stopped in my classroom and said "there is Jasmine rice here." I had forgotten it was the jasmine rice, and she detected it from the hallway. Don't get me wrong, the smell is subtle; some people just have a better sense of smell than others. She says, that now that she has tried it, she won't cook any other type. I don't know that I would go so far, but... it might happen.

Next I am going to try the Mahatma brand and see if it is just as good. You cook it just as you would any other rice. Puerto Ricans like their rice a bit more fluffy and not as mushy as American style rice, so we put less water. Other than that it is a matter of preference however you cook it. I encourage you to try it, you just might like it.

Comments

Popular Posts