Midnight Vigil

 
 
 
 
I was about to call it a night when I listened and I thought I could hear a bird singing happily outside in the tree in front of my house. Strange I thought at 12:30 at night. I got closer to the window and yes it was singing. I had already turned the computer off and the lights, too but I knew I hadn't painted what I had inside. So I found a brush, arranged my palette, and thought of something beautiful that I could paint. I thought of the flowers at Kyle and Abby's wedding and how beautiful her hydrangeas bouquet looked, and thought, um why not try it? The first bouquet is titled Abby's bouquet, the second is Bouquet 2, the forest is Fall Touch, and the purple irises? is called Unfinished Business. I had been looking at the painting since January knowing I hadn't finished it. I feel more comfortable about it now pretty much. Abby's Bouquet and Bouquet 2 have some minor things I need to add to them, but they are almost finished. I think I will go to sleep now. That bird is still singing!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Elba,
Please keep painting and posting them on your blog... it is a joy to me to see the new 'creations' that God puts in your mind and heart and reflected through your paint brush. They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them! Love,Lil
Love the forest. Very impressionistic.
Elba said…
Thanks to both of you for your sweet and kind comments. They encourage me to keep painting. Gracias.=)

Popular Posts