Rachel Hauck

I recently discovered Rachel Hauck by simply putting in Christian novels in my local library's online search engine.  I am so glad I did.

Right away, I knew I had hit upon something because many of her books had a waiting list.  I tried The Wedding Dress which sounded interesting enough because you can imagine that wedding dresses get passed down from one generation to another but this one was way beyond the expected.  I love that she is not too simple but that her plots have twists and turns that I was not expecting.  The format of this novel, was a suspense leading style as well with the alternating plots being juxtaposed until both plots merged at the end.  There was an actual moment that the modern plot was too intriguing for me to be able to wait a chapter to find out what had happened!

Her characters are not simple, and even when we encounter a character that is stereotypical you are somewhat surprised that he would be dressed in a pastor's suit! as in Love Starts with Elle.   By the way, I loved the play on words in the title.  It wasn't until, Elle starts showing some self love that she was ready to actually love someone else.

Just a note to the author, there was a significant quote that I jotted down as I was reading, Love Starts with Elle. "Elle, it's from the wilderness places that God often promotes us."  That line stuck out to me, and later on the same page, it is restated, emphasizing its importance.

What you may not know, of course you do not know, on that very same morning on Facebook, I had seen a short video series called  Land without Borders, made by Our Daily Bread.  The video was on--the wilderness!  It was being taught by a man called John "Jack" Beck from Jerusalem University College.   According to the video, the wilderness, is: vast and rugged, has precious little water (drought), land without grain, limited permanent settlement, very few travelers because it was hostile, a land without borders, and a land that lacks everything(barren).   Then, I read that quote!! That was enough for me.  That was my feather.  As far as I can tell it is safe to go through a wilderness with the Lord because at the end of the wilderness experience there is a blessing.

I am also an emerging artist, so to see Elle struggle with her artistic pursuits hit close to home as well.

Mrs. Hauck, thank you for writing! The Lord is using you!  God bless!


Comments

Popular Posts