Christmas in Puerto Rico

Dear Mi Jardin Florido Friends,

It has been a while.  Sure I post now and then, but in reality I have been super busy.  Thank goodness for the holidays when we can take a break and that is exactly what I have done.  No volunteer work for a couple of days and just taking time for family.  One of my daughters arrived recently and it has been visiting time off and on. Today was a lovely time of chatting, eating, crocheting, and more chatting and snacking.  That has been my Christmas day.

It was a blessed day.  I cooked turkey-- not a whole turkey but half of a large Turkey breast.  I don't like wasting food.  I also made Arroz con Gandules (rice with pidgeon peas) last night, and baked potatoes- and there were plenty of cookies from days before, oatmeal, chocolate chip, and sugar cookies.  Kendall, my daughter's spouse, loved them.   I made some delicious arroz con gandules (modestia aparte) last night which tasted wonderful but when I went to reheat the arroz, I put it on medium and the rice got burnt! I thought oh no, what will I do, but I had set some aside since I thought I would be the only one eating the rice. To my surprise, K. and R both wanted arroz con gandules! Oh, boy but would you believe the rice multiplied because I had enough for all of us and some was left over!  I said the Lord multiplied the rice and my daughter said, like the loaves and the fishes.  I really believe it.

Anyway, it was a wonderful day spent together as a family.  I even got to give my daughter a refresher course on crocheting which was icing on the cake.  Just loved this Christmas 2016.  Low key and filled with love.  That is the whole message of Christmas.  God loving us so we could love Him and love one another.

God bless each one of you today!  Hope God's healing love reaches you today as well.

Elba

Comments

Popular Posts