I Can't Believe Where My Feet Have Been These Days

I can't believe where my feet have been these days!
Climbing stairs, going in and out of cars filled with sweet granddaughters
and seaside apartments filled with family and hugs,
feet firmly on the terracotta floor
as my hands painted with their eager little fingers
which painted masterpieces to remember.
All of them.
Feet that stepped up on a steep and narrow spiral staircase
that took me to see not only a beautiful sunrise
but also a gentle rainbow
with the sound of roosters
speaking Spanish,
"kikiriki!"
and birds singing.
These same feet jumped over puddles and
got tangled in grasses
to seek out blooming red bromeliads
in a rain forest teeming with life and rushing gurgling streams.
These same feet relaxed and dug deep in tanned sand
and scurried away from the incoming tide
and later tiredly walked a jet allay to take me to my home away from home.
Oh but to have them run home again and
find my daughters and granddaughters waiting for me there!

Comments

Popular Posts