Lighting Capital of America

Orlando is living up to its nick name. Lots of people have no idea that Orlando has this distinction when they naively decide to come to Orlando for a vacation or when they decide to transplant themselves here. Well, it comes with the territory, or more correctly with the sea breezes. Since this is a peninsula covered by water on the east as well as the west, these breezes collide almost every afternoon in Central Florida. What is at the heart of Central Florida? Well, Orlando!

So today the sea breezes are colliding in a big way. And you can spot storms on the Doppler to the east, west, north, and south. You can hear the rampage outside as it reverberates against the windows, making them shake as you feel the angry sky above respond to every flash of lighting. All the while you are hoping it is not angry at you! When you think all is well, another barrage of thunder echoes in the east. Someone just threw a strike in the sky. I look over and Mesha is napping on the rug, but lifts her head as more thunder erupts now to the south. When is this going to end? It's as if this storm is stationary over head. Well, I am ready to get out of the tub, which is where I find myself doing my blogging today. But the weather is not quite ready to let up. Really loud thunder. Mesha stops napping. The storm is coming back. I don't like this. I better stop and post. I hope it goes away, but I must take time to pray. God bless, Orlando.

I just checked the weather at WESH.com
and Mesha is no longer on the rug, but comes into the bathroom and is attentively listening to fresh rain on our roof, tinkling as it falls. A new storm has formed and according to the Doppler will be here in 14 minutes. They are wrong, it's here already, but it's softer rain now. Maybe we dodged the bullet. I can live with that. Literally. Thank God, thank goodness because this tub is hard!

Comments

Popular Posts