Delays are Not Denials

A good friend of mine always says, "God's delays are not His denials," and she is right. I believe I was delayed today in order to usher in God's blessings. We have a phrase in Spanish that says, "uno propone pero Dios dispone." Meaning that we make our plans but in essence God orders our steps. It is so true. I had a ticket in hand. My plans were all set, but by a click of a wrong button, what I thought were well thought out plans, were not. And there I was at the airport being told I didn't have a seat on the plane, and that I had to return to my niece's house and not my expected destination. Funny how that word destination, has the word destiny in it. I very well think and believe, some One else other than me really holds the keys to my destination. So for now, I will be enjoying a beautiful day in paradise. I know PR isn't perfect but to me it is a beautiful place, a place with my beloved family, and mi gente and I am so glad I'm here.

A post note: A lot of lovely and other necessary things have happened that confirm that I needed to be here. I am very grateful for the delay.

Comments

Popular Posts