Ms. Vazquez's Wish List

Adopt a Classroom. I just updated my Adopt a Classroom profile, and did it take forever!! I could only use 250 words, so it was edit, cut, edit, cut again and again. Anyway, if you are going to dream, I say, "Let's dream big." So here is my latest list. If you can help, my goodness, would my kids appreciate it!

Classroom Description

Teaching High School ESL/ELL (English Language Learners) students is very rewarding and they love real life experiences and relevant topics. Touching Spirit Bear is a young adult novel about a misguided juvenile delinquent who has life changing experiences while banished to a solitary island in Alaska. The book is terrific and my students really enjoyed it. I teach my students to prepare PowerPoint Presentations on Alaskan weather, transportation, Circle Justice, totem poles, and the juvenile justice system. Unfortunately, many students lack USB or pin drives which are necessary when using computers. It would also be a dream to have a class set of laptops for my classes to use. No one said we can not dream big!! We need your donations to buy pin drives, a class set of computers which of course would be used over and over again for research, media presentations, and word processing, art materials and funds for the field trip. Last year,I was able to take my students to Moss Park for the nature walk and they were still talking about it this year. Some of the topics this novel covers are social issues such as bullying and physical abuse, love of nature, reading comprehension, and many literary techniques. Your help is needed and will be greatly appreciated as together we prepare these students to be successful in our community. Thank you! To make a donation just click here.

Comments

Popular Posts