Going to Culebra, Puerto Rico

Culebra is one of three larger islands off the coast of Puerto Rico. Vieques and Isla de Mona/Mona Island are the other two. Culebra and Vieques are both on the eastern side of the Puerto Rico while Mona is on the west pretty much half way between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, on the Mona Passage. I didn't realize until today that Culebra (see map) is half way between Fajardo and St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.

Going to Culebra is a really cool deal and economical. It only costs around two dollars to get to Culebra (map) on a ferry which leaves Fajardo at around 9 o'clock in the morning. If you live in San Juan or are lodged there, give yourself at least two hours to reach Fajardo.

So if you are planning to go to Culebra every step has to be intentional. By intentional I mean, we are already starting to get ready for the trip tonight. If we want to leave early, basically at seven in the morning we are already preparing our sandwiches, snacks, and drinks tonight so tomorrow all we have to do is pack up and go. My customary morning shower is out of the question, if I want to get enough sleep. So my night owl sleeping plan is also out the window. Can you tell I'm excited?

I don't think I have been so excited about anything in a long time. I love boat trips and discovering new places. I just can't wait. We are basically planning to do no more than enjoy the beautiful beaches available at Culebra. Put my feet in the warm Caribbean waters, walk on white sand beaches, enjoy the turquoise blue ocean, and find a comfortable shady tree because I don't want to become a tomato. By the way, I plan to take an excessive amount of pictures and post them on my return. I think it is a good plan, so we will see how it goes. I saw the weather report say it was going to be partly cloudy with showers. I'll take the partly cloudy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice pics :) SVM
Elba said…
Pues, gracias, mi hermanita, SVM.

Popular Posts