Well McCain lost

I would never have thought that it would have been such a resounding lost in Orange County, but then unemployment is so high. If you are not making ends meet it has to be a very pressing issue for these families. Conservative issues would seem remote if you are almost losing your home and you might also lose your job. How can our government not be meeting the needs of its own people? Something is wrong with this administration which seems out of touch with its citizens. I hope I am not misjudging, but that is how I see it.

Some of my friends are very depressed and I have to repeat what my pastor said on Sunday. None of this comes as a surprise to God. He was not up there in heaven saying, "Gee if we had gotten so and so on the ballot we wouldn't have lost." God has a plan, his thoughts are higher than our thoughts, and his ways are higher than our ways. He sees the big picture, in fact the eternal picture that will not only glorify Him but will work all things for the good of them that love Him. He is always thinking about us, and how to meet our needs, and work all things out for His eternal purposes. So when we don't know how to see this loss, I must quote what my precious Granddaughter quoted to me, last night. She said "Christ is the victory that overcomes the world," and though she said it was Romans 8, she still had it right, because it prompted me to look up the verses, which both pointed to the victory that really counts. It's our faith . We need to fix our eyes on Jesus and to seek God's kingdom. Everything else is temporal. I John 5:4b, says "this is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith, " and then in Romans 8:37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." So we are victorious if we are seeking God and praying for His will to be done. We can trust Him that he allowed this with a purpose. We just need to pray more than ever and be faithful. God will take care of the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts