Maitland Art Festival

I am just hoping I will be able to attend. To plan my visit to the Festival, I went online to get details surrounding the Festival. In the process, I discovered a very talented artist, Lori Pitten Jenkins, who is the featured artist at the Festival. Her work is down to earth yet refined. You can tell she is a well trained artist because of her composition, but her art is more than technique. You can sense her love for life which comes right through her artwork. Her choice of brilliant colors and subject attract the eye. Her use of light and the clever yet natural contrast between subject and setting, juxtaposes ordinary topics in a whole new light. Take for example using newspaper pages to contrast meticulously painted ingredients for a Southern Boil is fun and typical. You can see her work here. Really enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts