Message Last Night

A square piece of cardboard. Last night I went to church at Northland a Church Distributed in Longwood, FL.  First of all, I don't usually go at night since I have to get up early the next day to go to work, but I had had a busy weekend with my son visiting that I missed my morning routine.  Frankly, that was fine.  So I called a friend and we decided to go to the evening service.

I actually thought it would be Pastor Joel Hunter speaking but he wasn't there.  To my surprise, it turned out to be that new Mt. Dora Site Minister, Jeff Ball.  Jeff is new to Central Florida, coming to NCD from somewhere in the north.  I had had the opportunity to listen to him speak about a month back when he was introduced to the congregation and was delighted to hear him again.  He is a fast talker and he will tell you that himself.  You need your roller skates to keep up with him.  So he took Pastor Joel's message and transformed it.

While speaking about the need for all of us to be interconnected, Jeff, interjected that his wife had given him a square piece of cardboard with a message on it. He said that he puts it up on his book shelf and is reminded of its truth every once in a while.  The message? "God made you for this." Whenever he is on a difficult call he sees this. When he feels overwhelmed he is reminded. When life gets hard and feels homesick, tired, and wants to quit, he is reminded that he is not at this place by mistake.  What is true for him, is also true for us.

Lord whenever life gets really hard and we feel like walking away and trying something easier and to say the heck with it, remind us of this precisely: "God made you for this!" Call on his help.  The Lord is there with you saying, "I will never leave thee nor forsake you."

God bless Jeff Ball, his wife, and family!

Comments

Popular Posts