Remembering my Aunt

The people in our lives...some simple, some in formation, others, quite settled, humble, exquisite, mysterious, and enigmatic in their own private ways...Some I am still trying to figure out to this day. So as I peruse different venues on the internet, where one road leads to another, I ran onto a sight where I felt I was running into a person in my life and breathed in and sighed, "oh, I found you again."  After all these years that you have been gone, where you left the fragrance of who you are, I found you in the hydrangeas in a tin watering can upon a linen doily, repurposed items turned to usefulness and surprise, simplicity, pastels which connected me to your graceful garden with an acacia tree in the backyard dotted with flowers with your little storage area neatly in a corner. The country French garden house of today connected me to your coquetish vanity dresser with its powdery covered glass with simple perfume, long curtained closet, soft slippers, light pink cotton cover.  I found you again Titi in your simplicity and confidence.  I found some of your inspiration whose trail I had lost and in it I found a little of you.  Thank you for your beauty, a Puerto Rican version of a steel magnolia, and your quiet charm, Thank you, Titi Georgina.

Comments

Popular Posts