Patience

After I wrote the previous entry, I forgot to add patience. Lots of patience. I don't know if I have been running real low on patience or that most of my students are sort of burned out with the FCAT being next week and all, but we can't push them one more inch. They are not budging, especially my sixth period. It's alright, I had them do something lighter today. Instead of reading a hard article, I had them see a PowerPoint presentation with a beautiful ocean background with information about characterization. Not extensive writing, but effective. Then they worked in small groups and I modeled what I wanted them to do, and gave them the pages where to find the information. It helped since they were struggling to find the energy to think. On Monday I will try to have a Jeapardy game set up for them to review concepts, the class set up in teams, and that way we can have fun while they think. It will be loud, darn, I know, but it will be fun and get them thinking. The day will be over before you know it.

Comments

Popular Posts