Settling in Cane Pole Court

Its been a year since I moved into this house on Cane Pole Court and frankly for this whole year I was thinking about moving out, too. In fact, I haven't been the only one. My next door neighbors who helped me move in moved the following month to Clermont, BH (before the hurricanes). Some of my nicest neighbors, who lived on the left of my house, the ones that helped me so much when we had the hurricanes, moved out around November, AH (After the hurricanes), to return to their family and safety in Georgia. My front door neighbors, Greg and his wife, Rachel, are thinking about moving, too. At school, things seemed so unsettled, that I thought of leaving, too, but after having my 3 hour "Jonah" experience at school recently. I have sort of settled down. I am in no mood to move, unless the Lord moves me. It is so strange but I am really trusting God about this. Since I realized I will be here for a while. Could be a year or more, who knows... I have now felt free to start doing some things around the house which in my indecision had me paralyzed. On Monday, I trimmed some of my outdoor trees (some of these are just across from the back porch) that were encrouching on the walk space there and I just had enough of that, and started trimming them back. It was quite an event, sweat and all included. I don't sweat easily (tell me I just didn't say that)but it must have been the fact that it was 90 degrees and very humid that made look like a wet tomato. My face gets red, too. To tackle the job, I used some big clippers, a tree saw and trimmer, and an electric bush trimmer. Believe me, it was a lot of work. In fact, it took four jam packed trash cans to pick up all the branches. Today, before nine I cleaned up the mess (which I am often prone to postpone) and the trash people hauled it away. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. And I am only getting started... I feel such a sense of accomplishment now that I have finally started to take authority and possession over my property!!! Next is the kitchen, then the garage, onto the car, and who knows where else it will lead me... I might end up with an orderly house... wow, the thought of it gives me goose bumps, haha...

Comments

Anonymous said…
:)

Wet tomato. That totally brought the image across. ;)

Popular Posts