A Little Bit of Wind

Had the funniest thing happen to me this morning.  I went out to let the dog out in the back yard.  Nothing too strange about that since I do this several times a day with Ginger who is quite regular.  Today it was different since the north cold wind was moving in with a cold front.  As I waited for Ginger, I noticed a broken branch on the ground about four feet long and thought, "Oh, wow it must have been gusty this morning for this to fall." I let Ginger in the porch, shutting the screen door behind her, then went stayed outside and picked up a couple of planters to stack them for the garage sale I'm having tomorrow.  It would only take me a minute.  When all of a sudden a big gust of wind rushed through the trees, rustling all the leaves, and shaking the branches.  It must have been at least 35 to 40 miles per hour and I felt its strength wash over and around me.  Then I felt something fall on my head.  It was a small branch, not too big, but it popped me on the head.  Umm that was strange.   I took that as a sign that it was time to go inside. So I did.

Later in the day, I went to the new Publix on East Colonial directly off Waterbury Road, and road that has taken me to so many places.  The store is brand new, clean, and sparkling, so I was checking it out.  I located the potatoes and was comparing the prices of the potatoes when I noticed across the way, a sign that said,  "Plantains, five for a dollar."

Having company coming over next week, who like plantains, I strolled over.  There was a young man arranging kiwi on the other side of the same table.   He must have noticed my windbreaker and because he asked me if the wind had died down since this morning and I told him,

"Yes, it has died down some. "

Then I told him my anecdote and we laughed.

Then he said, "thank goodness it was only a little branch and not a coconut!"

"You know what?  You are so right!" I told him with a chuckle.

That was priceless.

Comments

Popular Posts