The Force of a Few Words o La Fuerza de Pocas Palabras

Yesterday I was texting my kids to let them know about the progress of my flight from San Juan to Orlando with a stop in Miami. One of them responded with a sweet message including "qDtb" What does that mean, many of you are wondering, I am sure in this era of abbreviations. Well, "qDtb," means que Dios te bendiga, in other words God bless you. (In English it would Gby.) I love it because she didn't say qdtb. Not only did she bless me but she honored God as she did. It often takes very little to give honor and recognize that the Lord is God in the small things. Of course I told her qDtb back. I hope Gby today, too.

Spanish text follows:

Ayer yo me estaba comunicando con mis hijos usando el metodo de "texting," para dejarle saber sobre el progreso de mi viaje de San Juan a Orlando ataves de Miami. Una de mis hijas me respondio con un mensaje de texto que decia, "qDtb." Y que quiere decir estas letras en en contexto de este mundo de tecnologia? Bueno, que Dios te bendiga. Dentro de mensajito que es disenado para simplificar nuestra vida, ella no se olvido de que hay cosas mas importantes que la simplificacion. Es importante honrar a Dios en las cosas pequenas. A veces son precisamente en esas cosas pequenas que con un acto deliberado podemos reconocer la presencia de Dios en nuestras vidas. Claro que tambien le dije qDtb y espero qDtb a ti tambien hoy.

Comments

Popular Posts