Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun Abstracts

The top one, Life, was painted during the weekend and finished tonight. The bottom one, Journey, was painted during my week in North Carolina, last year but I knew it was unfinished. I would often look at it as it hung on the wall knowing there was more. Tonight just when I thought I was through for the night, I decided to use my new metallic paints, and went to get them in the family room where I had been using them as I experimented with clay. It turned out the paints were just the touch they were missing.

Inadvertently, there is a bird in each painting. Can you find them?

Again my monitor does not display the colors properly, because the bottom one is more like a deep red, but on my screen it looks orange, but hey what can I do?

The bottom line is that I love the effect of the contrast of metallic with the matte of the watercolors. Fun.

No comments: