Encouraging Words for Today

My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Psalm 62:5-7

These words take an act of the will to appropriate. It doesn't say my soul waits. It says: "My soul, wait" In other words it is in the imperative tense or command. It is godly self talk. The speaker is encouraging him or herself with the truth.

Within the storms of life we need to tell our soul to wait upon the Lord, upon God, alone. If we look around our lives, people have failed us, sometimes governments, often governments, leaders, family, and the list goes on and on. But God never fails. His love endures forever. I choose to believe him again today for all my situations. I hope you do, too.

Note:
You might not believe this but after I wrote this entry, I was watching the Worship Channel and the peaceful music and panoramic views were highlighting Psalm 62. They had the words up there and I thought I recognize those words. Then they put the reference, Psalm 62. What a pleasant God thing! You know I was blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts