Letchworth State Park Never Grows Old

There are definitely things we do in life, not because of novelty but due to the fact that they are tried and true. Letchworth State Park is one of them. After hearing John Kucko, pronounced Kutchko, extolling the praises of the Park last week on Columbus day, I had a real desire to go see it again. It was definitely not my first time. I had come years ago with my daughter Ana and my grandkids while I still lived in Florida. They were young enough that they were still using the swing set at the park. The next time I was still living in Puerto Rico, but was sheltering in NY after Hurricane Maria. It was such a contrast to home. Now I have settled in somewhat to be closer to my two daughters who have made New York their home. I mention these prior visits because I learned a valuable lesson on my first visit one summer as I pursue daisies on an incline. To secure that picture I ventured beyond the safe slate fence from which we are not to step. Being a camara aficionada, I did! Boy did I get an earful from a Park Ranger yet I am thankful I did. You see people tearfully regret breaking these rules by paying this disobedience with their lives. What may appear as solid ground beyond the fence may in fact be a hollow area. Some people have died! Never again. Now I am absolutely law abiding and compliant! Limiting my pictures to those that I can strategically take. The trees, the canyon, the Genesee River, and the Autumn leaves were lovely and serene. I hope you can see that in the pictures and if you are so inclined, come on out and enjoy an afternoon or morning, but make it soon before old man winter comes storming into our area with thunderstorms and wind. Autumn is fleeting. Need I say more?

Comments

Popular Posts