Need to write, Need the time

A friend posted the following comment on Facebook," I don't believe that everything happens for a reason." She opened a can of worms; an ages long controversy about the sovereignty of God. She might have been just giving a comment about a situation at work and wanted to disguise it. It could have been a number of things, but since what we write appears on everybody else's FB page some things that are so controversial simply can not be ignored. I had to put my two cents worth and basically I said, "Just because we don't know the reason doesn't mean there isn't one, does it?" This question was in the line of the one that says, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a noise?" They make us think... I like waking up in the morning with questions like that. I don't presume to know the answers, but I like thinking about them.

As for her comment, I went on to say that perhaps she needed to read the last three chapters of the book of Job and there she might find that we don't know all the answers and that it is in God's sovereignty to share the answers or not when we can answer all his questions. And those are some big questions, I have to say.

My questions are small in contrast: Why have so many precious people died recently? Why is the sky blue? Why do I love orange and the crashing of waves on the shore? Why are 8th graders so rowdy? And why am I still working and not retired and fanning myself in chaise lounge...though I think I know the anwer to that one... and your ways are higher than my ways and Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts and you are wonderful and trustworthy and You know all things. So this morning let me just continue with making my bed and smoothing out the wrinkles, brushing my teeth and head off to school and enjoy the day the Lord is giving me. Praying for those the Lord puts on my heart and trust Him for the rest.

Hope you all have a blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts