Visiting St Augustine with a Pet



Well, I recently joined the pet lovers society. I am delighted with my new pet, Gin, who keeps me busy and gives me company. To add to the pleasure she is so cute and so much fun. Sorry, but that means she will be coming out often in my travel pictures as I go from one state to another or as I visit a state park, etc. on my Silver Hair Adventures. I hope to have her for many years to come.

Last week, I had the opportunity to go to St. Augustine with my sister, niece and her husband. Fortunately, Gin, traveled so well that she did not cause any disturbance. In fact she was perfectly civil in and out of the car. So when we got to downtown St. Augustine which I have visited several times, I decided to wait it out as my sister went to see the San Marcos Castle and the Oldest Schoolhouse. I was content with feeding and watering and playing and relaxing with Gin, at the Zero Marker on the grounds of the Visitor's Center. The Zero Marker is located to the left of the center's building and is a shaded garden with several benches, a refreshing fountain, Crape Myrtles...I was in my zone!

What I like about pets is that they make you slow down and "smell" the roses... and they won't take a no for an answer. I know that she is in training and it can be a little inconvenient right now as she learns to toilet train and well, become an obedient house dog, but the result will be a wonderful little companion. Picture me with a big smile!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts