Flip flops

Flip flops, open toe sandles, sleeveless blouses, cool breezes, hammocks, palm trees, aquamarine water, crashing waves...temperatures in the eighties. Is it a dream? No, it's Puerto Rico!

It also means, family, parrandas, tukki tukki de los palitos, pernil, pasteles, arroz con gandules, laughter, smiles in public places, "hola Doña Elba" from my neighbor Irvin, adding,"cuando llego y hasta cuando se queda?", always wondering how long I will be around. Creches in the Mall next to snowy Winter scenes, lights in the condominium, my white metal artificial tree, perhaps a trip to El Yunque, a quick rain shower, lunch at La Facciola, Felices Pascuas written in lights in Trujillo Alto and Carolina, poinsettias everywhere, Christmas Eve at Christian Community Church, saying hello to old friends, and maybe sometime stretching my feet in the sand! This year all this wonder also includes my daughters and granddaughters, a very content son in law and a very happy me!

Puerto Rico here I come! FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Comments

Popular Posts