Abstracts


Still painting and enjoying it. Of course sometimes I think I have run out of ideas and something else comes up in between reading novels, talking to friends, teaching high schoolers, and travelling the east coast. Lately, I have been busy with kids entralled with a good novel, others asking questions, and beautiful rides to and from work. Last week we had some chilly weather slip down from the north layering our grass with frost alongside steaming retention ponds with white herons huddled in corners keeping warm. Then fog as the weather warmed. Today was a glorious 82 T-shirt and jeans day. No worry about the cold. To look outside, our trees had not gotten the memo. They think it's Fall and are almost through changing colors.

I say to myself in the morning I am going to go out there and take some pictures but I always forget when I come home. Frankly they don't sparkle in the evening as they do in the morning. Anyway, it is beautiful. One of these days I will stop and catch some of the wilderness with the lens. Capture some of  those oranges, wine reds, and golds. Or maybe I'll catch one of those five brown multipatterned wild turkeys I have seen these last two days near Narcoosee Road. Maybe even tomorrow. For now it will be these wild things I paint. Can't wait for tomorrow. I'll put my camera in my car tonight.




Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts