Christmas is around the corner...ummm

I was reading my daughter's post on her blog and it really got me thinking. She said she was lost in her thoughts. It seems a lot of us are feeling this way these days, I said, though we hadn't necessarily traveled for over two weeks with two precious active little girls. What I find is that this time of the year is very demanding and is layered with layer upon layer of memories past associated with this precious holiday season. To feel joyful, it isn't going to happen with hearing lots of Christmas carols which I have been playing, putting up Christmas lights(partially done), or even decorationg the tree just right (maybe tomorrow). To appreciate Christmas or just to feel right at any time, I think we need to be in contact with the Savior and also be honest about how we feel... I told her that we needed to go sit at his feet. And that I was going to follow my own advice.

Remember Mary and Martha... Martha was going, going, going until she was almost burnt out. True that she had a lot of things to do, but sometimes we need to cry out for help and let others give us a hand. Martha complained about her jobs to him and the lack of help, and even complained that Mary wasn't helping her and Jesus said, Mary had chosen the better thing: to sit at his feet.

To sit at his feet and we wonder how can that help? It does because we look up to him, we listen to him speak to us, either in prayer or through the Bible and he will speak to us if you come to him honestly and in faith. Pour out your anxieties, your to do list, your errands, your losses, your unhappiness, your confused thinking, your sad feelings, your angry feelings, your questions. There is nothing unexpected about them for God. Then after you have given him everything, leave them there. Then listen. Listen then and listen later, and keep on listening. Then praise him even if you do not feel like it. Take a Psalm, like Psalm 91, 93,104, and 105, just to mention a few, and read them out loud, go about your house and say the word outloud and everytime you feel inclined to be negative speak the Word out loud and you will be surprised how your attitude will be changed. You will also be surprised how smoothly that to do list gets done with joy.

On the other hand, if you have had a significant loss of a loved one, that is no small matter, and Jesus is ready to help you carry that burden. He is acquainted with your grief and is walking along side you. Ask him to help you carry that pain. He loves you. Remember He said, "Come to me all ye that are burdened and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." The pain from the death of a loved one is not going to go away overnight.' Those are valleys we have to go through and they take time. David said in Psalm 23, "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thou art with me (God is with you!), your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Though you may feel lost, he is never going to abandon you and much less at the time of your deepest need and he will guide you out of this valley.

I don't know if someone needed to hear this, but apparently I needed to say it.

God bless all of you.

Comments

Popular Posts