A Thrifty People!

A thrifty people!  Something of which to be proud!  One of the things I noticed on my trip to Israel was that the people did not waste their money!  The government fomented thriftiness and so did the general population.  90 percent of the homes I observed had water heaters and solar panels on their roofs.  I often saw people's clothing drying on the porches.  In Tel Aviv on the coast where most of these pictures were taken I also observed wide tree-lined promenades where the residents could walk or cycle safely to their destinations.  Water is also a most precious commodity and the drip irrigation system was also visible were there were plants and bushes.  It made you feel good that people and the government were responsible about making good use of their resources.  I loved it!  







Comments

Popular Posts