Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm wollen mittens
wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
these are a few of my favorite things...."  famous lyrics from the Sound of Music

Which draw me to think about what I want to do today:

Winter Park's Farmers Market
with a square full of fresh flowers and veggies
Apopka's Maters and Taters
with sweet prices on apples
Cool ice tea and lemon wedges
Slow mornings,
cleaning the house
washing clothes with no hurry
Grits with cheese
Hot tea with cream
Planning my weekend
Dreaming of painting
Painting
Ordering Opera Pink by Holbein paints
Oooolala!
Expectancy
Seeing my children laugh together
The twinkle in their eyes
Listening to my students converse when
they get it...priceless
Greeting them as they come in
Saying hello
Slowing down,
handing out two band aids
wishing them a nice weekend
or a great day
seeing Ginger sprint across the yard as she believes she is a mare
rather than a rambunctious beagle
Raindrops have nothing on me!


Comments

Popular Posts