I am just human

There are some things that are hard to understand.  Last year for example, a young lady whose first name began with A had been my student the year before.  One day we got the news that A had gotten a terrible headache and died.  Just like that.  She was only 15.   She had been one of my favorite students: hardworking and fastidious with her work to the point of being obsessive compulsive. Yet she was the sweetest girl and could be trusted to help others.  It had been the first time in years that I heard of a child dying.  I know children die but it was the first time it was one I knew.

Then today, it was G.O.  Those are only his initials.  G. was one of my advanced students two years ago.  Now that I think of it,  it means he was also a classmate to A.   G. would be the last person I would be thinking I would be getting an email about. He was a cheerful, friendly,  and courteous young man. G.  They told me G was at church last night setting things up for youth group when he suddenly became deathly ill and his parents were notified.  They took him to the emergency room where it was discovered he had a brain aneurysm. Later during the evening while they waited for a brain surgeon he had another and was declared brain dead soon afterward.  He died this afternoon.

Life and death.

Life and death.

Life and death.

Death coming to the young is never expected.

It is so final.

If a child has an illness you sort of work through it but something like this never stops being shocking.  The truth is, death is hard even if you are expecting it.

So here I am praying for the family, knowing they must be suffering.

It makes you stop.  It makes you stop in your tracks. It makes you think and reflect.

Why? That question only takes you in circles really.  Even if I knew the answer it would not change the reality, would it?  Then trust comes to mind.  Trust God for the things I don't understand and call for his grace for G's family and all that loved him.  Rest in peace G, you must be walking the streets of gold and smiling.

Comments

Henry said…
Really interesting blog!! Have a look at mine! http://www.topcoversongs.blogspot.com
Let me know what you think!

Popular Posts