Hablando de Palabras or Talking about Words

This is the title of a selection used for an FCAT practice which I particularily enjoyed because it curiously identified one of the things I enjoy most about language. That is how it sounds. The article focused on a lady who enjoyed funny sounding words. My dad was the same way but he would say these funny words randomly and I guess I take after him, but only in the enjoyment of some particular words. Since I am bilingual, most are in Spanish with African or some Taino roots, the language of the indians native to Puerto Rico, though I am sure I have some in English. This is just a start.

Quimbombo
Yuquiyu
Collores
Guaraguao
Chimichurri
Quisqueya
Andalucia
Barcelona
Bacalao
Recaito
Petronila
Gumersinda
Georgiana
Guillermina
Wilhelmina
Sorullitos
Mogote
Bigote
Alambique
Curazao
Barranquitas
Naranjito
Boqueron
Maunabo
Mayaguez
Tabernuco
Eclesiastes
Deuteronomio
Estrugula
Antepenultima
Cuchifrito
Chapin
Jaguas
Chinchorro
Don Cholito
Choliseo
Odisea
Aguacate
Quimbombo

I thought I would end it like I began...quimbombo, quimbombo!

Si les gusto este articulo pueden leer estes que esta super interesante de la Academia Puertorriqueña de la Lengua Española.


Comments

Popular Posts