Pinterest: A fabulous website

Just discovered a fabulous website listening to one of my favorite Christian programs on Moody Radio called Midday Connection. One of the ladies on the program was talking about this recipe she had gotten on Pinterest and I thought, what is that? The recipe sounded fabulous so I googled Pinterest and found that their homepage had the most amazing pictures and ideas, especially for young families. Then I thought I would try to learn more and register. It was here that I was taken aback. You can join but only by invitation. I thought darn, I had just shown up at the door and was knocking basically to be allowed in, and I had no connections, but what the heck, what do I have to lose? So I submitted my request, and to my surprise, a little while later I got an email, saying I was invited.

It is a place where people share beautiful interesting things, such as art, photography, recipes, science, technology, short snippets, etc. I have just started looking around. I know I need to develop a page of things original and somethings that are borrowed and repinned, but I don't want to rush anything. I am going to look around, get ideas, and I will let you know how it goes.

Did you notice I said repinned? It is as if I am creating my own bulletin board online with links to other sites and other bulletin boards where I found neat ideas and each pictures serve as a link. So many are symbolic links to other sites or posts. It is a similar to a gallery walk, except you click on a picture and it takes you somewhere. It is all very visual which is excellent for those who are highly visual. I am enjoying it immensely.

Pinterest with a t not to be confused with pinderest which I thought was what the lady on Midday Connection was saying and now I know was my mistake.


Comments

Popular Posts