Surprised by an ex-Student Ten Years Later

I was under the weather yesterday and called in for a sub. So a sub came and today after about two meetings finally reached my classroom and found a folded letter on my desk with my name written large across it.

It was a lovely letter from my sub telling me how well it went in my classes and that he had been my student ten years earlier at Discovery Middle School. It was 2001, the year of nine eleven and he was an eighth grader, and he wrote me a nice letter thanking me for making an impact in his life. He also apologized for his behavior, typical of 8th graders and thanked me for being patient with him.

I have to tell you there are days that teachers really appreciate those kind of messages. Today, God bless you, son, it was one of those days.

Missy Vazquez

Comments

Popular Posts