I haven't been writing...

It isn't writers block because I have actually been writing, just not here. I had to write two final exams, and each one had 7 pages. I hate making mistakes on finals. Kids are tense as it is, and the first minor minute mistake becomes a mountain. Insurmountable difficulty to deal with the mundane because they are so focused on higher level thinking such as similes and metaphor, dynamic versus static characters, or is it irony of situation or just verbal irony? To be or not to be that is the question? Profound things like that makes it hard to come down to the reality of life, that the teacher wrote the exam at 11 o'clock at night because she is a night owl who happens to get tired, too. I always joke and say, "first mistake I make today," and we laugh because we know it's not true. But that is where we're at.

The end of the school year. The end of the road perhaps. Perhaps the end of a chapter and the beginning of another. Some know it, and some don't. No, I'm not retiring. Maybe later I can give more details, but these kids are moving on. Some to be juniors, others to be sophomores. Sophomores are the equivalent of the terrible twos of infancy. They drive you crazy with their immaturity. So may I be frank and say, "May you have an awesome summer and a great year!" "See you later, alligator, After while crocodile, not so soon baboon, what's your trouble bubble!

Comments

Popular Posts