A Trip Postponed

As many of you know I had planned to leave for Puerto Rico on Monday, but because of an appointment regarding a financial matter, I decided to postpone my trip. It has been a very interesting week. Lots of gardening and yard upkeep, lots of shopping with my friend Maria, long phone calls with friends till late at night, and lots of picking up the house, have been of what this week has been full. It is so strange, God is so present to me these days, when I take it slow. Everything seems to have more meaning and significance. Significance in that nothing seems to be coincidental. Like walking into the bank last Saturday and requesting a loan to help me finance my roof, which thank God doesn't leak but needs to be repaired because of hurricane damage. Later in the week, my fax machine failed me and I had to use the one at work, and as I went to retrieve my fax message I ran into the principal at my school, who said she had been thinking about me the night before and received an affirmation from her. How strange. So I thought I had postponed my trip just for a financial reason, it turns out that that decision gave me time to do so many other things that needed to be done, like cleaning, weeding, shopping, laughing, crying, or something as simple as conversing with God about the people I love and those that I need to love, that perhaps I would not have been able to do outside the quietness of my home or have other conversations that were just as important to be available for in that same quietness of spirit. Thank you God for those things postponed and those that were not.

Comments

Popular Posts